Notes from the meeting of March 6th: planting

We made our first planting at this meeting: some lettuce in a sheet mulch bed in our greenhouse. Inside the greenhouse, we covered the bed with some row cover material. We were surprised at how difficult it was to attach the frame work containing our automatic vent to the hoop house, but we got it finished in the end.  There still needs to be some finishing of the plastic at the entrance and around the vent. We also did some planning for our fence, and started to turn and rebuild our compost pile.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Notes from the meeting of February 14: Greenhouse preparation.

We may be ready to plant next week!

At this meeting we installed sheet mulch beds in our greenhouse. Hopefully, at the next meeting we will instal the greenhouse venting device and start planting— snap peas, lettuce, and salad greens.